Civil Rights Activist Lawrence Guyot Supports GenoMed

Contact:
David W. Moskowitz MD
CEO, GenoMed
Tel. 314.983.9938
dwmoskowitz@genomed.comMr. Lawrence Guyot
Editor, Guyot’s Newsletter
Tel. 202-332-5157
margaretkibbee@ymail.com

ST. LOUIS—December 21, 2009—GenoMed® (OTC Pink Sheets GMED.PK), the Public Health Company™, announced today that longtime civil rights activist Lawrence Guyot has published GenoMed’s story in his monthly newsletter.

The article, entitled “A Modern Day Tuskegee—and What’s Really Wrong with U.S. Healthcare” (http://www.genomed.com/images/guyot_dec09nl.pdf) was written by GenoMed’s CEO, David Moskowitz MD.

Mr. Guyot, one of the leaders of the civil rights movement, was born in Pass Christian, Mississippi. As a 21 year old student at Tugaloo College in 1960, he helped found SNCC, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. In 1964, Mr. Guyot directed the Freedom Summer Project in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. That same year, he was elected chairman of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. He was unable to accompany the delegation to the Democratic National Convention in Atlantic City, New Jersey because he was jailed for registering black voters. The MDFP’s actions in New Jersey ultimately led to the DNC desegregating future conventions and the party itself.

Mr. Guyot has been featured in a number of documentaries, including Eyes on the Prize, Making Sense of the Sixties, The War on Poverty and Tales of the FBI. In addition to his monthly newsletter, he is a frequent TV guest on CNN and Fox News.

Dr. Moskowitz said, “I am enormously proud to have such a distinguished leader of the civil rights movement stand up for me and my company, GenoMed.”

Dr. Moskowitz continued, “My paper showing how to prevent at least 90% of kidney failure was published in September, 2002. Although kidney failure claims the lives of 100,000 Americans every year, it affects African-Americans 5 times more, and Hispanics 3 times more, than whites. Medicare currently spends $40 billion a year on this disease.”

Dr. Moskowitz ended by saying, “Hopefully, Mr. Guyot’s endorsement will spur Medicare to call me so that together we can rid our country of this awful disease.”

About GenoMed (www.genomed.com)

GenoMed was founded in 2001 by Dr. David Moskowitz, a kidney specialist. The company wants to make the world dialysis-free by 2014. In addition to being able to prevent kidney failure due to diabetes or high blood pressure, which cause 90% of kidney failure worldwide, GenoMed believes it can treat most of the remaining 10% of kidney failure. GenoMed is currently offering clinical trials for polycystic kidney disease and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS).

Safe Harbor Statement

This press release contains forward looking statements, including those statements pertaining to GenoMed, Inc.’s (the Company’s) finances and treatments. The words or phrases “ought to,” “should,” “could,” “may,” or similar expressions are intended to identify “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward looking statements as a result of a number of risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to our research and development being subject to scientific, economic, regulatory, governmental, and technological factors. Statements made herein are as of the date of this press release and should not be relied upon as of any subsequent date. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, we specifically disclaim any obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect occurrences, developments, unanticipated events or circumstances after the date of such statement.